Healthcare real estate
With a portfolio of approximately 4.4 billion EUR spread over 9 countries and comprising 300 facilities and approximately 28,700 beds, Cofinimmo is a major investor in healthcare real estate in Continental Europe.
- Share in overall portfolio: 70%
- Portfolio fair value: 4.4 billion EUR
- Occupancy rate: almost 100%
- Average residual lease length: 15 years
Geographical breakdown per country (in %)
Main advantages of healthcare real estate
- Long-term leases with operators: an initial fixed term of 27 years in Belgium, 12 years in France, 15 years in the Netherlands and 25 years in Germany;
- The large majority of the leases stating that maintenance costs, including structural maintenance, are the responsibility of the tenant;
- Rental levels that reflect the economic potential of each project;
- Properties with redevelopment potential: if the leases are not extended, Cofinimmo can tap the redevelopment potential of the properties to the full, mainly as residential accommodation.