Healthcare real estate
With a portfolio of approximately 2.4 billion EUR spread over five countries and comprising 197 facilities and more than 17,500 beds, Cofinimmo is a major investor in healthcare real estate in Continental Europe.
- Share in overall portfolio: 56%
- Portfolio fair value: 2.4 billion EUR
- Occupancy rate: 99%
- Average residual lease length: 16 years
Geographical breakdown per country (in %)
* The construction of a first nursing and care home recently started in Vigo, Galicia (Spain). On 30.09.2019 the total fair value of the healthcare portfolio in Spain represents 0,1%.
Main advantages of healthcare real estate
- Long-term leases with operators: an initial fixed term of 27 years in Belgium, 12 years in France, 15 years in the Netherlands and 25 years in Germany;
- The large majority of the leases stating that maintenance costs, including structural maintenance, are the responsibility of the tenant;
- Rental levels that reflect the economic potential of each project;
- Properties with redevelopment potential: if the leases are not extended, Cofinimmo can tap the redevelopment potential of the properties to the full, mainly as residential accommodation.