DATA LEADER (M/F)Mastering data is increasingly a source of insight and competitive advantage in our industry. The Data Leader will drive the business intelligence efforts of Cofinimmo and build a strong data management practice. In this way, the Data leader will support Cofinimmo in shaping its future.
- Mastering data is increasingly a source of insight and competitive advantage in our industry.
- The Data Leader will drive the business intelligence efforts of Cofinimmo and build a strong data management practice.
- He/she will work with all Cofinimmo departments to identify the requirements and to design the data solutions (e.g., dashboards, reports, documentation, processes, data systems).
- The Data Leader will coordinate the implementation of data projects with IT and the Data Stewards. In this way, the Data leader will support Cofinimmo in shaping its future.
The Data Leader will
Steer the business intelligence efforts of Cofinimmo
- responsible for defining report and dashboard requirements
- build or supervise the implementation of the necessary reports and dashboard with the operational departments and IT:
- coordinate with the operational departments for the definition of the various key performance indicators to be tracked.
- coordinate the response to ad hoc information requests when they arise.
- establish and implement efficient processes around report / dashboard requests and delivery.
Take the role of Data Steward for the Buildings data domain
The data domain Buildings encompasses all the key data elements pertaining to the physical description of the buildings owned or managed by Cofinimmo. This is an essential data domain for Cofinimmo.
- ensure that data is available, properly documented. E.g., it has proper definitions, and business and technical metadata
- ensure good data quality
Coordinate Data Stewards
Cofinimmo has grouped its key data elements into 8 data domains and is appointing Data Stewards.
- make sure that data projects are progressing according to plans
- make sure that the defined data management processes and methodologies are applied uniformly in the organization.
- play a pivotal role in establishing data priorities, implementing the data roadmap and ensuring the adoption of policies, processes and tools.
- General knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of the languages ENG, NL and/or FR: oral and written,
- Office automation knowledge MS OFFICE: Word / Excel / PPT
- Project management skills (i.e. illustrated by projects led)
- A practical knowledge of the real-estate industry
- Specific skills
A passionate professional with:
- 5-10 years of experience in a data related field such as:
- database development and management (e.g., data modeling, database systems, business intelligence systems);
- data management and governance (e.g., metadata extraction and management, data dictionaries, data lineages, data governance systems);
- data analytics (e.g., business intelligence, data visualization or data science).
- A practical knowledge of specific data technologies in fields such as database management, data warehousing, data governance, data analytics, etc.
- Behavioural skills
Analysis and problem-solving
- Strong analytical skills - ability to synthesise
- Ability to shape and contribute to the success of the Data Leader function
- Rigor and a strong bias towards practical solutions — a solid connection with (business) reality.
- Pragmatic approach
- A demonstrated (i.e., illustrated by projects led) ability to perform at the highest level.
- The capacity to listen carefully and develop insights.
- An orientation towards customer service.
- The ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- The will to lead continuous and efficiency improvements within Cofinimmo.
- A self-propelling mindset with a will to drive change within Cofinimmo.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: synthetic, articulate, rational, and convincing.
- An inclination towards team work and team problem solving.
- The ability to lead successfully project teams (5-10 professionals).